Coach Alex Walls was a standout kicker at the University of Tennessee from 1999-2002 where he holds several records, including most accurate kicker in school history. Alex currently lives in Knoxville, TN where he is the Special Teams Coordinator and Kicking Coach at West HS. He provides private kicking & punting lessons in the Knoxville area; as well as the Nashville, Chattanooga, and Tri-Cities areas monthly.
TN Lesson Email Updates
- 4-year Starting Kicker at the University of Tennessee.
- Member of 1998 University of Tennessee National Championship Team.
- 2000 Lou Groza Award Finalist.
- 2000 All-SEC 1st Team.
- 2000 Rivals.com All-American 1st Team.
- 2000 AP All-American 2nd Team.
- 2000 Coaches Poll All-American 2nd Team.
- Record for most FG’s in a game, 5 (vs. Florida, 2000).
- Record for most PAT’s in a game, 10 (vs. LA Monroe, 2000).
- Ranked 5th in Career Scoring at the University of Tennessee.
- Held Long FG record in SEC Championship Game with 52yd FG, 2001.
- Signed Un-drafted free agent contract with the Chicago Bears in 2003 and spent time in Arena League.
- Kicking Coach at Kicking World since 2016.
- Year-Round Kicking and Punting lessons in Knoxville, Tri-Cities, Chattanooga, and Nashville, Tennessee areas.
- Serves as Kicking Coach for University of Tennessee Specialist Camp 2012 – Current.
- Special Teams Coordinator & Kicking Coach at Knoxville West High School 2012 – Current.
- Head Soccer Coach at Knoxville West High School 2015 – Current.
- USA Football Certified Youth Football Coach.
Hobbies and Interests
When Alex is not out on the field coaching, he enjoys family time, dining out, golf, Tennessee football, NFL football, HS football, and the beach!
Alex lives in Knoxville, TN and holds kicking/punting lessons every weekend and occasional weekdays in Knoxville, TN with monthly travel to Nashville, Chattanooga & Tr-Cities. You can expect to be able to meet with Coach Alex at least 4x a month for 1 on 1 & small group kicking lessons in Tennessee. Get Tennessee Lesson Email Updates
$100 (1 on 1, 45 minutes)
$70 (small group, 1 hour)